Pages

What am I ?

My photo
bangalore, India
A question for which I am still in search of the answer. As the saying goes, " Happiness is not a destination, it's a journey " .. this blog is about my endless quest for happYness !

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lets IMAGINE !

Hi There! 
First, Thanks a heap for finding time to visit this blog amongst infinite other sites you probably could have visited and come out with satisfaction.

Here I am back to my secret hide-out place to share my inner thoughts to the world. Writing had never been a passion for me for I never was a good reader in first place. But something at my work and my life nudged me to find solace in writing blogs. I apologize for eating my own word of updating it every weekend ! Boo.. work is really getting on my head these days and happy that it isn't anything quite like it I had done before. Time will tell.

As my quiescent roomie, sits next to me relaxing on a "Crime" novel, a thought awakened me and here I am . You may call this as an after effect of watching "Finding NeverLand" or even term this to be weird , but .. I have decided to fulfill my deep buried wish of penning my own story.. Yup, you read that right. A story.

As children we dont give heed to all the imagination that we possess. Even the mundane looking traffic lights wont disappoint a child for he sees beyond the lights. Lights for him look nothing to what we see, lights not bound by its definitons. As an adult, we wish we retain atleast the slightest of imagination we once possessed. Imagination to free us from this chaotic and bound-by-law real world to which we have become slaves. Without imagination we no longer "live".

This is nothing of a prologue to my ambitious endeavour yet. Let me tell you that I have never been a fan of "Harry Potter", solely may be I miss to find a rational behind the story or may be i don't have the imagination to accept a story as a story.May this endeavour awaken the child in me , to imagine and free my soul and to live again !

The genre of the story is left to the reader ( if anyone else other than you :) ) to be decided for I havent yet made up my mind what the story would be about. I would add as and when I get time with a core storyline in place :) soon. Atleast it would refrain me from indulging in my favourite activity and ending up wasted with deep regret for having done so! Think you know what i mean....

So here it goes..


Prelude

Awakened by a thunderous sound, Schaum focusses his newly bought Canon 550 DSLR to the top of long chain of vehicles lined up on the only ghat road ,to see another land slide to have occured , marring the slightest of hope he had to reach the destination atleast by dusk. Having waited for more than 18 hours, he feels claustrophobic and wishes to stretch out of the SUV but fears the cold outside and curls up again in the cozy heated leather seats of the Q7.
An hour passed and there was another jarring sound which almost made the SUV shiver! Only this time Schaum woke up for real !

It was 4 am and cold .With his heart pounding fast , threating to rip the chest and jump out , he cleared his eyes and starred at the dark ceiling above with its grey shadows of a rusting fan. "Damn! It felt REAL" he told himself. A quick glance to his right and he saw roomie snoring and living the dream of his own!. After a dash of cold water and heavy muffler work ,he tried sleeping again.

--to be continued

No comments: